Training courses, meetings and resources for cultural and scientific mediation professionals
The École de la Médiation is a multi-partner project run by Universcience in association with three teaching and research institutions (Cnam, Université Paris-Saclay and Université Paris Cité) and 3 scientific mediation structures (Les Petits Débrouillards, Planète Science and Traces).
It supports the development of skills in scientific cultural mediation and offers:
- short-term training courses for professionals involved in disseminating culture, particularly scientific culture (mediators, animators, but also researchers, teachers, engineers, librarians, museographers, etc.)
- free monthly Professional Encounters to discover new tools, question existing practices and expand your network,
- activities to share, prototype and evaluate mediation actions, and identify changes in practices and representations,
- resources and tools on all these themes.
- To formalise and transmit know-how in scientific mediation
- To create spaces for dialogue between practices and research
- To document the transformations of scientific, technical and industrial culture
- To develop reflexivity on cultural and scientific mediation practices
- Promote a profession and its values
A quality approach at the heart of our training offer
- training engineering based on a skills repository,
- alternating theoretical input and practical exercises,
- small numbers (5 to 12 people), to put trainee experience at the heart of the training,
- methods and practices that are easy to implement back at the workplace,
- content tailored to trainee profiles, local issues and operational expectations,
- trainers with varied expertise and field experience.
Training courses delivered by the École de la Médiation are Qualiopi, french label.
Training courses tailored to the needs of the sector
Our specialization in issues related to cultural and scientific mediation enables us to respond appropriately to the needs of professionals. Our training courses aim to :
- formalize the basic skills essential to scientific mediation: project management, event design methodology, public speaking, etc.
- develop new skills in line with changes in society and in our professions: public involvement through participative approaches, social inclusion, critical thinking…
Diversified support methods
Our trainers are available to provide training in France and abroad, either face-to-face or remotely. L’École de la Médiation offers a varied catalog of training courses:
- Renew your mediation offer
- Meet today’s challenges
- Formalize essential know-how
- Discover the world of research
- Test a new form of mediation
- Diversify your audience
We also design customized training courses to meet your specific needs.
L’École de la Médiation also offers consulting services and workshops to help organizations develop their practices.